Thursday, September 12, 2013

No forethought what so ever...Day 18.

That is pretty much how I roll.  No forethought.  I was posting on our family blog and decided in a moment that a homeschooling blog to document the education of Jake (our just turned 12 year old, 7th grade son), was a brilliant idea.  In South Carolina we have to keep lesson plan of sorts and this is where I am going to do that.  Pretty much all things homeschooling, in our home, will be here.

Just to let you know I will not be editing my posts.  I edit Jake's papers.  That was a very short sentence.  We learned about them from writing with IEW.  See?  I know some stuff!  That is all the proof you will get that I am actually capable of teaching my child.  Unless of course you are from the state and I will give you whatever proof you need. :)

Today is day 18 of school for us.  We have to have 180 (minus a few sick days or mental health days. . .) in SC.  This is what we are up to today:

Still some things to cross off.  It may end up being carried over.  This is our 3rd year homeschooling and I am still really bad about planning too much.  Note:  Jake read chapters 7-10 in Stink Alley and we discused the questions that Sonlight has to go along with them.  T.L.O.T.P. is the initials for a book we are reading called: "The Landing of the Pilgrims".  I forgot to write that part down.  Jake will be finishing IEW today.  The Worldly Wise might until tomorrow. . .
 Our mascot, Sadie, was looking on to make sure that Jake was on task and staying focused. . .She may actually be looking out the window, but close enough. 
 Here is Jake studiously doing his math while I am starting our Common Place Blog.
Jake is taking a break and picking up a little in the living room because his 2 friends Carter and Cooper (fellow homeshcoolers. . .even though it is late enough in the day that those unfortunate souls that have to sit for 7 hours in public school are probably home by now or on their way), are coming over for "P.E." on Jake's new trampoline.

If you end up sweaty then you did P.E.

Check out that super bounce!
 And the funny face jump.

 Homeschooling rocks. :)

1 comment: