Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 20: A Reading Day

One great thing about homeschooling is that you can do it any where!  We had kind of a reading catch up today and Jake took advantage of the cooler weather and did some reading on the trampoline.  I had to get ready for (clean the house) book club at our house, so Jake was on his own to read and enjoy school.  He said he loved days like this and I wondered why we didn't do it more often because he is in the 7th grade and needs to be doing more on his own.  I am learning to let go. 
The only things I did with Jake for school was:

1) Our morning devotional and Old Testament study.  We watched a bunch of videos on lds.org.  We watched some "I am a Mormon" clips and some of the Bible videos.  We read Gen. 1.  We also gave up on the study guide we were going to use for the Old Testament  (it is really for college age students and after spending 3days on Gen 1:1), and are (for now) going to read and discuss. 

2.)  Science.  I read the rest of module 1 to Jake while he jumped on the trampoline.  I kept testing him to make sure he was listening and he really was.  It actually worked out wonderfully.  A little P.E. and Science together is a good combination!
Reading days are a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment